Sunday, December 8, 2013

Interim Self Assessment

Cliff Jones

Drawing and Painting Self-Assessment

So far this year I have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge when it comes to creating artwork. This goes back even to the beginning of the year when we were assigned a still life project. I felt right at home creating this piece because it was something I have done in the past and creativity was kept to a minimum. After that things started to change as we were given more open assignments like the landscape painting and it required me to approach new ways when creating art. I learned to work faster and not get so caught up in making everything perfect and painting by instinct. At first it was uncomfortable for me to do a project without a rubric or guidelines but later I came to like it more and I was very happy with the way the final product came out. Additionally, the collab project was probably one the project that showed my growth in art the most. I really liked the fact that we didn’t have to create anything with meaning and that multiple people worked on one piece to finish it. This opened my mind to all sorts of different things and how art can be much more than just drawing from direct observation. Throughout this marking period I put time and effort into all of my artwork and that is what helped me the most to grow as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment